20 July 2007

The Day







I'm sorry we didn't get to post anything yesterday, but that is because our day was full of all things wonderful...meeting Maya! I can't even put into words the feelings as I met her in person for the very first time. She is every bit as wonderful as we could have ever imagined. Calm, happy, fiesty all at the same time! There was a mix-up with the translator who was supposed to help Vivian (the foster mom) and I communicate - in other words, the translator didn't show! Vivian and I worked hard and spent all day...my rusty Spanish...but we managed to learn the important stuff about Maya and her needs. Vivian is a special person and her daughter Dina (6 years old) was full of life and Jack spent the day playing with Dina and proving that with kids, language doesn't matter.




I will let these pictures tell the story of our day. I will try to post more tomorrow :)




1 comment:

Jen said...

You all look so happy. Congratulations!