14 September 2007

Happy 6th Birthday Hallie!




Today, my nephew Hal is 6 years old! I remember when he was born like it was yesterday. I was pregnant and afraid because I was having a boy and didn't know anything about them. September 11th had just happened and I was scared about everything in the world and generally anxious all the time. Then, sweet little Hal was born and I learned that boys aren't scary and I got excited to have my own. And now here we are 6 years later and Jack and Hal are best buds/cousins who've spent almost every day together since Jack was born. The boys are night and day to each other but are as close as any twins could ever be. I gave up news watching to get over my anxiety about the state of the world and decided way back then to focus on the little ones in our family and to learn through their eyes. Tomorrow we celebrate Hal's birthday in his backyard with games, a pinata and his absolute favorite food in the whole world - WAFFLES!!!! I'll post a picture tomorrow, but in the meantime, here are a few goodies of Hal!

No comments: