24 October 2007

My friend Barbara


Oh, almost 20 years ago, I met my dear friend Barbara (Levin) White. You see, the office manager at CSAC told me that she hired Barbara to be my friend. Well, Bev was right because Barbara and I forged a really close friendship and did everything together until she moved back to Ramona years ago. We've still maintained our friendship over the years, although we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like. In 2004, Barbara and Bill lost their home to the wildfires in Ramona and Barbara's mom Carol lost her home as well. Well, now the fires are ravaging the area again and although at this writing, Barbara's home still stands, everything around it is burned, including their well their house has sustained some damage. These pictures were taken in 2005 when we went for a visit, right after Barbara's house was re-built. I hate that she is going through this again so soon. It isn't fair. Love you, Barbara!

No comments: