20 November 2007

Happy Thanksgiving


In honor of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd share an inappropriate song I learned as a child at Sunday School. Totally politically incorrect by today's standards!
Gobble gobble gobble
Fat turkeys are we
Gobble gobble gobble
Fat turkeys are we
We're not here for living
We're here for Thanksgiving
Gobble gobble gobble
Fat turkeys are we!
Every year, I call my friend Barbara and sing this song to her on Thanksgiving! Two more days Barbara and I'm calling you!
I wish everyone a stress-less holiday and safe travels if you are spending the holiday out of town.
This has always been my least favorite holiday because of the stresses involved with preparing a large meal and when I was growing up, our house was tiny and all the family converged on our house. Our kitchen held 2 people at most, the day was usually cold and ugly and our large picture window would fog up and I'd feel trapped and long for a warm sunny day to play outside. In my twenties, I spent about 5 Thanksgivings in a row down in Cabo San Lucas, eating tortilla soup for my holiday dinner and lounging with friends by the pool with no stress or worries. Russ and I spent our honeymoon in NYC over Thanksgiving week and had a terrific time. With our kids, we now spend the holiday with family and it is enjoyable, but truth be told, I'm hoping that next year, we'll be sunning ourselves down in Mexico!

No comments: